Christmas Surprise & Violet Cake

I got a huge surprise the other day - while loading something into the back of my ridiculously filthy car, I noticed my hub cap was incredibly clean. Then I realized that not only was it clean, but it was new! I had lost that hub cap & hadn't gotten around to ordering a new one. It was really surprising, because DH hadn't said anything about the hub cap & when I called him to thank him, he knew nothing about it. The hub cap was not from him.

Come to find out, it was the neighbors! It was their Secret Santa gift to us! Apparently they put it on a few days ago & I hadn't even noticed. Ooops.
So as a thank you, I've baked them a cake. It's a devil's food cake with vanilla buttercream frosting, covered in fondant & topped with gum paste violets. It was my first time playing with the gum paste kit Santa brought me. They aren't perfect & boy did it take a long time to make all those little violets! I hope they enjoy the cake as much as I enjoy having FOUR hub caps.


3 comments:

Ashley @MamaOfAllTrades said...

That cake is gorgeous!!! And, I'm glad you guys had such a great Christmas.

CaneWife said...

Gorgeous!

ashley-cita said...

Beautiful!
(And, shall I say what a gorgeous couple you two make?)

iSearchiGive.com
Download this search bar now to help Cane Corso Rescue.

Support Cane Corso Rescue

Don't shop, adopt! Big dogs need big love.
Show your support Cane Corso Rescue

iSearchiGive.com
Please click the banner here to help support Cane Corso Rescue. Use this search bar instead of Google or Yahoo to help save dogs in need. Shopping through the iGive Mall will allow for even more donations! Thank you for your support!

Subscribe

Know when I update my blog!

Enter your email address here:

Delivered by FeedBurner