Pear & Brie Cupcakes

For October's Iron Cupcake challenge, the secret ingredient was cheese. Hmmmm....how to use cheese, but keep it a cupcake? I think a "savory" cupcake is more accurately a bread or muffin & that wasn't the challenge. Brie was one of my only choices & I loved eating the leftovers! And did I mention I used my brulee torch? So fun!

Simple beginnings

I made these in both regular & mini sizes. The mini sizes would be an amazingly, surprising appetizer.

Baking afficianado's will gasp at my use of a box mix. But personally, I'd rather spend my time enjoying the end product than all that measuring & tasting & measuring & tasting. I like to get back to the party!

Cake:
1 box white cake mix
1 can pear nectar
1 fresh pear, grated
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup oil
Food coloring, optional

I used a cheese grater to grate the pear & just mixed it in for extra texture.
I mixed green, yellow & brown food coloring to get a more pear-like color.

"Frosting":
Ultra thin pear slices
Brie slices
White sugar
Brulee Torch

After cupcakes have cooled, remove from wrapper. On top of cupcake, overlap cheese, pear, cheese, pear (if mini - pear, cheese, pear). Sprinkle white sugar over all. Light the brulee torch & work back & forth over pear & cheese. Focus more heat on pear slices to carmelize & soften the fruit.

Enjoy with a wonderful glass of Riesling or Chardonnay. Who would eat brie without wine??

You can check out the Iron Cupcake website to see the prizes I'm competing for.
Please remember to
VOTE HERE October 26 - 30.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I abosulely LOVE this!!! I want one now! Seriously.

Heather Bares said...

omg, this looks so good!!!

LiveLaughScrap said...

This looks so good. Too bad I'm not much of a baker.
Lori

Christine said...

OMG!!! YUM-YUM!!!

Ms_Dee said...

Yummy......This ia a very nice blog.....I Looooove desserts...I'll be back....

jeany said...

Yummmmm i am in lust with that recipe :):)
Definetly giving that one a try :):)

Jean

Jewel Lee said...

wow im really hungry for a cupcake now!!

iSearchiGive.com
Download this search bar now to help Cane Corso Rescue.

Support Cane Corso Rescue

Don't shop, adopt! Big dogs need big love.
Show your support Cane Corso Rescue

iSearchiGive.com
Please click the banner here to help support Cane Corso Rescue. Use this search bar instead of Google or Yahoo to help save dogs in need. Shopping through the iGive Mall will allow for even more donations! Thank you for your support!

Subscribe

Know when I update my blog!

Enter your email address here:

Delivered by FeedBurner